Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Christiansburg

The 78 mile ride today followed the valleys between the highlands. The terrain was rolling with a few steep but short climbs. Did I mention that it rained? Actually, off and on until the last 10 miles when it became serious rain with streams of water coming down the road and large puddles. Unfortunately, I got a flat tire not far from where I planned to stop about 12 miles short of Christiansburg. We are staying there tonight and drying out all of what I had with me. I am carrying a fanny pack with phone, ID, money, camera, and food. The plastic bag with the gorp opened. Picture all that stuff sitting in a puddle of water in the pack. But hey it's all part of the adventure. No pictures today, it was raining too much.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bob and Sally,
    As I sat lakeside the other day, I did think of you two riding across the country...Love your commentary...Sally, Dancey veers over to your house every morning. We tangled over a very ripe dead fish the other day..the fish won and the aroma still lingers....Be safe and take care.
    K+

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping us posted, Uncle Bob! We are enjoying your trip vicariously from Westerville, Ohio. Hope you have a dry day today (Thursday)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeps you on your toes. did everything dry out successfully?
    SandyL

    ReplyDelete